Pupil Personnel Services
The Pupil Personnel Services Department focuses on applying the latest audiological, medical, social, developmental and psychological knowledge to the learning, behavioral and growth characteristics of our deaf/hard-of-hearing and functionally deaf students.
The Pupil Personnel Services Department has clinics that are equipped for specialized evaluations. This department coordinates the intake process and evaluations of new students entering SMSD and provides a wide range of support services for all students.
Click here on Richards Photo or name below to emial Richard
Richard Szafranek - PPS Director
- Adapted Physical Education
- Audiology / Hearing Screenings; New Born Screening/OAE/ABR, Hearing Aid/BAHA Troubleshooting, Cochlear Implant Mapping
- Counseling / Play Therapy
- Ears Nose Throat Consultations
- Educational Evaluations
- Mental Health / Case Review Team
- Occupational Therapy
- Orientation / Mobility
- Parent Education
- Physical Therapy
- Psychiatric Consultation Services
- Psychological Evaluations
- Registered Nursing
- Social Workers
- Speech & Language Pathologists
- Transition Coordination
- Vision Therapy Services
- Vocational Evaluations
These support services are provided primarily for our students and their families on both a routine or referral basis. However, a limited number of outside referrals are accepted from local school districts, clinics and/or physicians.
Diagnostic Audiology for infants is emphasized at SMSD. These hearing evaluations are provided for high risk infants at no charge to their families. Referrals can be made by the child's family or private medical doctor.